Sunday, March 11, 2012

Summer is hotter with Banana Boat Sunscreen Lotion, Schick, & Nuffnang


My ideal Nuffnang summer is a trip on the beach with my family. 

Last year we were lucky to spend quality time with my mom and youngest sister when they came home from abroad. It was the first time for the Adam's family and its extended families to hop on a plane together, to eat crocodile meat and to get stung by a box jelly fish!



Now talk about a bonding experience. It was chaotic most of the time but it was the most fun chaos we've ever had in such a long time ever since we started our own families. The question is not how we survived the jellyfish but how did we survive each other?


Some tips when you are preparing for a big trip with your extended families.
1. Plan - let's not elaborate on this. To put it simply: if you fail to plan, you're planning to fail. 

2. Make a check list.

Every time we travel, I have this really old crumpled list in front of my travel bag. Our family trips usually involve the water so I have my top three beach items:


a. Bring a Suncreen/sunblock. - Because it's summer, it is very important to bring sun protection.  I first heard of Banana Boat  from a friend who is a nurse. They say, "Banana Boat Sunscreen Lotion. We've got you covered."

b. Personal Hair Kit - This includes shampoo and conditioner and one of the most important but usually forgotten tool, a razor. You can try my girlfriend's razor, "Schick. Free your skin." Schick Quattro is available for both men and women. Schick for women works as a bikini trimmer too. 

c. A bottle of clean water - This is important because it's hot and you are visiting a new place. If you have a sensitive stomach, don't risk it (there are consequences in drinking tap water). You want this trip to be an unforgettable vacation for the right reasons.

These small things are lifesavers especially when your pals feel to be spontaneous and you need to be in the water fast.

3. My last piece of unsolicited advice - CHILL :)

I know its hot and humid so what do I freakin' mean by chill? If this statement is making you irritated because of its irony then that's exactly what I meant. Relax dude. Whether you believe it or not everyone's goal is the same and that is to have fun. Don't be such a control freak. If the itinerary is not followed so what! The important thing is the moments you are spending with your family.

What makes your ideal Nuffnang summer? Share what you think of the products I listed below and maybe you can add more on the list. Post your comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment