Sunday, July 3, 2011

What happened during the Philippine Marine Corps Silent Drill Exhibition at Rizal Park?

I thought my family and I will never make it to the Philippine Marine Corps Silent Drill Exhibition because it rained at 4:00 pm until 4:30. As soon as the sun peeped behind those gray clouds, we made our way to the slippery floor going to the monument. It wasn't clear to me where to find the silent drill exhibition but it seems that it has started because I see a crowd gathering behind Rizal's monument. A somehow broken voice-over announcing the start of the exhibition can be heard did not bother me rather it excited me because I made it to the start of the silent drill exhibition.



The presentation lasted for about only half an hour. It was great to see the soldiers so snappy in their uniform.

I am glad my family and I were able to witness this exhibition. Its not the usual experience you can find in attractions right now. I found Rizal Park very lively and warm which is not the usual mood people would think when they mention Rizal Park. Maybe this is really the advent of a new era for Rizal Park which is a park attracting people from all walks of life. A Park measurable to international parks note worthy to be one of the best tourist spots in Manila.













No comments:

Post a Comment