Thursday, June 30, 2011

Monte Carlo Premiere Screening Thanks to Velvet Channel

Yesterday I was privileged to watch the premier screening of the movie Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy. To give you a brief background of the Monte Carlo movie, it is a story of three young girls between ages 18 to 21 years old and their week-long adventure in Paris.

Grace (Selena Gomez) was able to save enough money for her to go to her childhood dream trip. Together with her bestfriend Emma(Katie Cassidy) they are now off to Paris. However, Grace's mom and her future stepfather had even a brighter idea and for a promise of an upgrade they also asked Grace's future stepsister Meg (Leighton Meester) to join the duo for some sister-bonding experience.

As most of us on budget trips and booked tours know, the three girls can't really play as long as they want in the city of love. Their hotel was a disaster and so was their tour. Due to a blessing in disguise, Grace was mistaken for a British heiress which led them finally to their vacation dream at Monte Carlo.

As much as possible, I'd like to avoid any spoilers so instead of calling this an official review, I will call it a recommendation. I'm not even really an experienced movie reviewer so what I will say here are the same things I will say to you if you ask me the question, "So how was the movie?"

Traffic was bad yesterday due to unexpected rains. I was 2 hours late for the premier and I was just waiting for a taxi at SM Makati going to Rockwell.

When I finally got my chance to ride a taxi, it was traffic in Edsa.

So my trip to Rockwell, well as expected.

As for the movie, a lot of people came in late. So I admire those who were on time basically doing nothing for two hours. I was just in time to see the trailers and there were promising movies in the coming weeks especially Harry Potter!!!

Finally, Velvet raffled giftpacks from their sponsor Anmum and also from Velvet.

As for the movie, I will recommend it for women especially young girls and teens. A representative from Velvet mentioned that she was surprised to see an older set of movie-goers for this Monte Carlo premier but I guess that's kinda expected especially when your sponsor is Anmum. Still I think girls from all ages will enjoy this light-hearted, fun movie.

As for the boys, I'm not sure though if this movie is their thing. My son said "No" just hearing Selena Gomez's name. If its Selena Gomez then its for girls Mom! (As if he can't imagine why I'm asking a very stupid question.)

It was also my first time after almost 15 years to watch alone in a movie house. I realized I like watching a movie alone and if there's one thing I learned from this movie is that watching alone can be a really good relaxation activity for a busy mom like me and that the experience is even made better because Velvet sponsored my movie ticket.

All in all if you just want to sit back, relax, and take a break from thinking too much then do go and watch Monte Carlo.

Last but not the least, my favorite character in the movie here is Leighton's character Meg. In the end, she is living the life I am dreaming of. (Ooops I think I spilled something) Sorry can't help it.

Don't forget to grab some popcorn when you watch Monte Carlo. Happy weekend.

Check out the movie trailer of Monte Carlo 2011 at Youtube.

http://youtu.be/Rxm_bVVhbr8


1 comment:

  1. Yes I do like company too especially when I'm at the Rizal Park watching Concert at the Park or the Lights and Fountain Show.

    ReplyDelete