Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7 Launch at Eastwood Mall

As a random surprise from the love of my life, one day he brought home a Samsung Galaxy Tab for me. I've been having a hard time finishing my blogs on time because of my busy schedule and I was hoping I can do part of my blogs during lag time in blogging events. That way, I can save a lot of time from writing and I can keep my agreements.



Mr. Carlo Ople talks about life hacking using his Samsung Galaxy Tab
Jim Paredes does not miss his moments because of Samsung Galaxy Tab
Aids Tecson talks about "How does his day go with Samsung Galaxy Tab".

I wanted a Samsung Galaxy tablet for some time now but I decided to delay the purchase because its a "want" not a "need" at the moment. With the construction of our new home and monthly bills, its not easy to shell out about 500 to 600 dollars. But my husband knows how much I love my work and he knows how a Samsung Galaxy Tab will make my blogging turn around time better. 

The Galaxy Tab 7.7 as a SAFE certified device.  
So when I went to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Launching Event in Eastwood last February 4, 2012, I was surprised to hear that Samsung's catch phrase for that Event was  "Samsung Galaxy Tab, making life better". As a proud user of a Samsung Galaxy Tab, I can say with much confidence that indeed it does make my life better.  Now at work, its more of a "need" than a "want".

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is equipped with an exclusive suite of security features .
 Let me give you the reasons why I can say that my Samsung Galaxy Tabcan make my life easier:

SAFE delivers enterprise-friendly capabilities to help safeguard sensitive data and communications.
1. On the last day of exchanging our credit card charge slips for a reward from a particular restaurant, we left our condo quite late already. My husband and I thought that if we just go to places we think has the restaurant we were looking for, we might just end up in traffic. And we don't like that because were were awfully tired already the whole day. Good thing he used the Android app, Maps, before we left and was able to search for the restaurant of our interest that are nearest to our place. That saved us a lot of time and made life much better for the two of us. As a result, we were able to visit the restaurants we wanted to go in a shorter span of time before it closed and we got our free dinner.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 boasts a brilliant Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen display.

2. When anyone of us in the family has nothing to do, the game apps in our Samsung Galaxy Tab™ keep us entertained. A few of our favorite games are Fantasy Town, Bubble Shoot, Four in A Line and my son's favorite Fruit Ninja.

The Galaxy Tab 7.7 runs on the Android Honeycomb 3.2  OS. 

3. Because of my Samsung Galaxy Tab I don't have to bring a laptop bag together with my handbag. Less things to carry and to think about. This is helpful especially for a klutz like me who according to my son sometimes has a memory of a goldfish. 

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 features a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML Web browser.

And most importantly:

4. I can start the draft of my blog, take photos, videos and post status updates (as long as there's free wifi available) during blogging events! It's so much fun to blog nowadays.

.  The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 measures just 7.9 millimeters thin. 

Now the only drawback I can see is the phone capabilities of the  Samsung Galaxy Tab™.   I haven't actually tried it but a lot of my friends are saying its just weird to have someone put a tab beside their ear and talk. It looks (as its been described to me) "kind of Jurassic". But I guess that's what earphones are for? My resolution is that I'm still keeping my phone which is by the way a Samsung Corby. I owe a lot of respect to my Samsung Corby. It's one of my partners in business. My Samsung Corby has given me so much in return to what I have paid for it.

.  The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is less than half an inch.
Anyway, I haven't fully explored my Samsung Galaxy Tab because I am quite busy but I've got a few apps I've picked up from the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Launching Event. I downloaded these Android Apps for free from the Market which I think will be really useful to me in the near future. Some of these apps include MMDA, CamScanner, AnMoney(Free) and Stylish Girl.

.  The Galaxy Tab 7.7 weighs only 340 grams. 

Now the question is will I upgrade to Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7? 

My simple answer: I might probably do so.  Especially after it promises additional features like:

·        1.  Samsung TouchWiz - Designed with Live Panels for customizing the home screen with digital pictures, favorite Web sites and social network feeds.  In addition, the TouchWiz UX includes a Mini Apps tray of commonly used features, such as task manager, calendar and music player which can be launched while other apps are already in use.  The clipboard feature allows customers to copy and paste texts and images.

The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is roughly 12 oz. 

     2. Mobile Hotspot capability – Share your HSPA+ connection with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices

The Samsung Galaxy tab has a sleek metallic finish. 
     3. Android 3.2, Honeycomb – Supports Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps, and access to Google Books™, movie rentals, and more than 400,000 apps on Android Market™
·         Samsung Apps – Samsung Apps is a recommendation engine that aggregates over 50,000 apps from the Android Market that are optimized for Honeycomb. Samsung Apps also adds a social element by allowing consumers to share the apps they like with friends on Facebook®.


      4. Samsung Social Hub – Built around messaging, which allows customers to send and receive information, whether it is email (Exchange, POP3/IMAP), social network updates (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn®)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has apps you can use for Creative Moments. 
·         
      5. 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has apps you can use for Social Networking. 
·         
     6. Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
·         
      7. QuickOffice® Pro HD - Get the most powerful office productivity suite for Android Honeycomb tablets with advanced Microsoft® Office editing, SmartTouch technology and Connected File Manager with integrated remote storage access
·         Wi-Fi Direct – Customers can connect to their Wi-Fi-enabled portable devices and seamlessly transfer music, videos and other data over an adhoc Wi-Fi connection
·         AllShare App – Enables inter-device connectivity through Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), so customers can send multimedia content wirelessly to other DLNA-enabled devices such as TVs and laptops.



Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has apps you can use for Games.


     8. Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)


     9. 16 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)

     10. Support for up to 32 GB  microSD card


Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has apps you can use for Work. 

When I've got my hands on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 that would be the cherry on top of my cake! 

What do you think of Samsung Galaxy Tabs? Do you agree that it can make your life better. Comment below and let's hear what you think. 



Photos taken using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0
Information about Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 taken from Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment