I just received the tickets given to me by Manila Ocean Park for covering the Rave Event. My special thanks to the Marketing Team of Manila Ocean Park especially the nighttime marketing team Ms, Armi, Ms. Donna and Ms. Sue for all their support.
On that day, the invited bloggers were the lucky ones who got first glimpse of Hotel H2O’s Liquid Pool and Lounge. Since then, I have received tremendous blessings after giving this service which started with just an idea of promoting Manila’s tourism especially to help Manila bounce back from the Mendoza incident.
I am not saying we should just forget what happened that day. It will not be fair for the survivors and the victims as well. However, let’s move forward and do better next time. As I watched the Mendoza incident from the moment it was telecast live until it ended and even all throughout the hearings, I felt so sad that there was nothing I can do to help. So when opportunity arose to promote Manila’s tourism, I jumped at the chance right away. There was just this compelling desire to do something for all the tears shed that fateful night.
Coming from UP, I had this program that I have to fight for everything but after PSI I now know better. Now, I can say that it would be a lot easier to stand in front of the crowd and tell them to go with me on a rally compared to thinking of a win-win situation where everyone will benefit from the decision one will make. Some people might argue, oh but you know you can’t please everybody. On the other hand, this is not about pleasing everybody this is about doing what is right. One Filipino culture we are proud of is the idea of bayanihan. But at this time and age there are no bahay kubo’s to carry anymore. The burden is now to help the Philippines rise from the heavy corruption and crab mentality that creeps in a Filipino’s mind. This is the hunger Bo Sanchez was talking about; the attraction John Calub is advocating; the mindset Jomar Hilario repeatedly mentions; the agape Sonnie Santos and his team has been giving; the strategic thinking Cito Beltran is promoting and the service – Alvin Tabanag has been spreading.
I have so many mentors in my life and I have not mentioned everyone yet. But the ones mentioned were my inspiration to think that I am committed to do something bigger than myself. It’s time to look at the beauty of our own country, the talents, the gems who continuously stay here in our country to be of service to none other than the Filipino.
And that is what I love about Manila Ocean Park. It is Philippines one and only oceanarium so far. It advocates for a lot of many things that we take for granted. So today, I am inspired to organize this contest. Yes, this is my first ever contest and my pledge as well to help as many people become successful.
Here are the mechanics
- Like my site in facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iaadamlim/146062788769185
- or Follow me in twitter @ia_adam_lim. And if your feeling generous follow me in both
- Follow me publicly in my blog www.iaadamlim.blogspot.com
- Write a comment under this post answering in 300 words or less what makes Manila Ocean Park one of the best tourist spots in the Philippines. Your answer should be based on a real-experience you’ve had while visiting Manila Ocean Park.
- There will be four winners for this contest.
- The fourth price will receive 3 tickets to the Jellies: Dancing Sea Fairies
- The third price will receive 3 tickets to Marine Life Show (Sea Lions)
- The second place will receive 3 tickets to the Maiden of the Sea (Lights and Fountain Show)
- The grand prize will receive 3 tickets to Manila Ocean Park oceanarium
- Only ONE entry per person will be accepted. A valid government-issued identification card will be asked for verification to identify the winner as a true-blue citizen of the Philippines.
- Claiming of prizes is valid upto 30 days after the winners have been announced. Otherwise the organizer of this contest will draw another winner from the pool of submitted entries.
- Contest runs from November 26 until December 25, 2010. Winners will be announced on December 26, 2010.
- Contest is open to all Filipino citizens around the Philippines. If the winner resides outside Metro Manila, he/she can assign a representative to pick up the tickets from me.
- The blogger has one last request. For those who will win the contest to give at least five pictures of their adventures and a short caption of their experience. This request will be in the discretion of the winners. (Just thought that you may want to announce to the world how happy you guys were after visiting Manila Ocean Park)