Monday, February 26, 2018

12 Things I Like About Boy Kanin

I have always supported the Mom and Pop stores around me. Initially, I thought Boy Kanin is one of those establishments. Apparently, the business has been steadily growing for five years already and have several branches all over the country. I was also surprised that the chairman and president, Mr. Ronald Allan Callao, was a pioneer of Business Mirror and helped start satellite branches all over the country.

Boy Kanin meals
Boy Kanin Rice Meals: Adobo, Tocino, Tapa, Pork Chop and Salabat for drinks

His exposure to the business at a young age has prompted him to explore different ventures for himself and his family. While interviewing him for their joint project together with Ronda Pilipinas, I was taking note of the things I like about the business. In line with the recent Chinese New Year celebration, here are 12 things I like about Boy Kanin.

1. They serve really good rice meals. - The rice serving is big which is what most Filipinos loooove. The meat is tender and tasty. I would like to see more vegetables and non-pork dishes in their menu. Since there are two men in my family and my son eats food equivalent to a combination of my portion and my husband's so a hearty rice meal is something we look forward to.

Boy Kanin Sizzling Meals2

2. It is affordable. - Yes there are other rice meals out there and they are also affordable but for the quality of the food I ate, I'd say that Boy Kanin is indeed affordable. I really feel like that you get more than what you paid for and that added satisfaction is what made me happy with my purchase.

Boy Kanin Crispy pata
Crispy Pata perfect for hungry boys Php399 only
3.They have a burrito in beef, chicken and pork flavor. - I am always on the go. I want to eat rice but its hassle to eat in a box. However, a burrito will be convenient to use. I like shawarma and I am aware that there are several shawarmas available but a burrito is like a shawarma with rice and the burrito box of Boy Kanin has perforations in the middle so its also good for sharing or for saving the next half for later. You can say that there is lots of intentional creative design and customer knowledge that went on to making this product.

Boy Kanin Burrito

4.  They are creative and willing to experiment. - They understand that the Philippines has different influences from other countries so they included in their selection options that show those influences. They have Teriyaki ni Teray, Bistek ni Iste, Adobo ni Ador and Caldereta ni Tita. I also love the names of the dishes. It reminds of you of fiesta or simple family gatherings when people would ask you, "Sinong nagluto nito?" and somebody would respond, "Ay yan yung Caldereta ni Tita." and everybody will understand already what that means and probably predict what it would taste like.

5. They are purely Filipino-owned. - Buy local anytime there is an opportunity. You are helping our fellowmen and you are cutting your carbon footprint. I think those are two fair points already.

6. Kanin boy stores are informative - inside the store you will see information about Filipino sports. While waiting for your food, encourage your children to read the posters.

Boy Kanin Walls
Boy Kanin Wall Display
7. Kanin boy tables are printed with your favorite board games - you can play monopoly, chess and snakes and ladders while waiting for your food. Be ready to end the game fast though because the food arrives fast.
Boy Kanin Table1

8. Boy Kanin has several franchise options for foodcarts, kiosks, dine-in stores for those wo would like to be their partners. 

9. Mr. Callao said that he wants to ensure that his partners in business grow and succeed with them so he is pretty hands on with the marketing and interviewing of future partners. 
Boy Kanin Franchise
Boy Kanin Contact Information

The last three I reserved for what impressed me really about Boy Kanin

10. Boy Kanin have recently partnered with Ronda Pilipinas to support our professional cyclists here in the Philippines. Ronda Pilipinas is a local cycling competition held during the first quarter of the year.
Boy Kanin Ronda Pilipinas Partnership
MOA signing between Boy Kanin & Ronda Pilipinas
11. Mr. Callao founded the Kanin-Starken Cycling Club. His father used to be a professional cyclist as well. 

12. Boy Kanin will award the grand prize winner of the Ronda Pilipinas 2018 competition with his or her own franchise absolutely free. The winner will just choose the location where he or she would like to set-up their own business. 

Supporting Boy Kanin is not just supporting our local business but also supporting our professional athletes that are often neglected by the local government. During these times, I think what Mr. is doing can be summed up by the famous words of John F. Kennedy.
JFK

No comments:

Post a Comment