Wednesday, May 14, 2014

X-MEN: Days of Future Past

Time travelling has always been one of the dreams of mankind. Researches on the wrinkle of time, the tesseract, or the time space warp have hounded us in every form possible.

In the latest movie of X-Men: Days of Future Past, time traveling is not just a dream. It is the end-all and be-all if the X-Men would want to save humanity.

And so I wonder, given the chance "What would I correct from my past to save the future?"




I have difficulty choosing just one incident of my past I would want to revisit. Honestly, I am torn in thinking that there's nothing I would like to change because everything that happened to me made me who I am now and I think that's good. However, I think the second part of the question seals the deal for me on why would I consider time travelling and that is because my intention is not to just erase the unpleasant things in my life but rather to "save the future".

So what future do I want to be saved?

1. The future of the people affected by the Yolanda typhoon. As a blogger, I would go back a month before this tragic super storm happened and populate the social media with alarming posts of what will happen if we do not prepare ahead of time from super typhoons. I don't think I can stop Yolanda from happening but at least I can do something to lessen the damage especially to the lives of fellow Filipinos.

2. The future of the people affected by Ondoy. This is a no-brainer for me because my family was an Ondoy victim.

3. The future of the 300 sea turtles murdered in Palawan by Chinese fishermen despite these sea creatures being endangered and happily swimming in Philippine waters!!!

Yup, I guess that's the top three things I wouldn't mind going back in time to save their future.

How about you? What would you correct from your past to save the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment