Thursday, May 22, 2014

20 Ways You Can Be The Best Friend Ever

Every year I do my best to stay connected with my friends and family. I initiate the scheduling, planning and organizing just to make sure that we have at least one quality-time bonding experience a year. That's how I stay connected. I realized that it actually works (at least for me) because even if I didn't have the chance to see that person for the rest of the 364 days, when we go back talking to each other, it feels like we just talked yesterday.



I made here a list of what other ways I think I can be the the best friend ever.




1. Be flexible - I have a friend who lives outside Manila so we always decide to meet halfway.

2. Understand that you may not be a priority - there's work and family, need I explain more?

3. KISS - Keep it simple, silly. A cozy dinner or a cup of coffee is all it takes sometimes

4. Speak to each other - a movie sounds great but those two hours might have led to really interesting topics you could have shared with your friend 

6. Be on time - Time is wasted when you are late which is what you promised to give in the first place.

7. Have a little faith - So your friend cancels the last minute, it does not mean friendship over. 

8. A real friend calls - With GoUnli20, it’s now easy to call without a need for a prefix and it’s just P20 for unli calls, 15mb of mobile surfing, and 20 texts to all networks! Kaya if you need a friend, don’t call me, I’ll call you!

9. Reschedule and reschedule again if needed - relationships take effort unless your friend said "please don't talk to me again" I think its always worth a shot to go over and beyond when the need arises.

10. patience is a virtue - you're not in college anymore where you see your friends everyday. Remember you have toxic moments too.




11. reserve the judgments later - so your friend dumps on you and you get annoyed that she is a ball of negative energy. this is a good opportunity to be a better friend. Wouldn't you want to be treated the same if you were on your friend's position?

12. Share wins - I always do this with my closest friends and we are genuinely happy for each other's happiness and success. It is such a relief to be able to share without fear.

13. Pray/Meditate/Reflect together - Yes we do this too. Some people might think its cheesy but we do try to do this before and after our talk. It is some sort of asking for the divine guidance to align our goals so we can communicate better.

14. Plan together but with realistic expectations - I enjoy this part of my "friend dates" because it makes me feel excited and yet not guilty because its a "soft" plan.

15. Ask hypothetical questions - I love these questions because its so random and I get to know the person more because of this kind of exchanges.

16. Learning is fun - as much as we love to share wins, we also share our life consequences.

17. Don't drink and drive - Bars and drinking are good way to de-stress but personally I would like to talk to a straight thinking person

18. YOLO - You only live once so be ready to open up like you've never done before. There's this saying that partly goes this way, "Love like you've never been hurt before."

19. Hug and kiss - there is no replacement for a physical touch

20. Say "I Love You" to each other. You'll never know when will be the last time you can say it so say it as often as you can. 

To learn more about Globe's GoUnli20, check out http://www.globe.com.ph/prepaid/gounli20


No comments:

Post a Comment