Saturday, February 23, 2013

FILA Polo Cup 2013: Ready to Samba?

This year I have decided to love myself a little bit more. "Loving myself more" (to me at least) means paying more attention to my needs. That's why I have been thinking of ways how to make my life more interesting. As a homeowner, I've been experimenting with color. Yet, the thing is I really don't know anything about it.

Astroboy
Brazilian Carnival  is this year's Theme for FILA Polo Cup 2013

As I look over at my wardrobe, I find myself looking at several (and I mean a lot) of blacks and whites. Hence, I arrive to one of this year's resolution: I need to make life more colorful this 2013. For me, the perfect way to start working on that goal would be (obviously) - my wardrobe!

While looking for an inspiration I stumbled on an interesting fashion news, this year FILA greeted 2013 with its annual FILA Polo Cup with a very timely (for me at least) theme: Brazilian Carnival. The FILA Polo Cup 2013 happened last February 10 at The Manila Polo Club at Forbes Park.

As to be expected, the event was attended with celebrities such as Cory Quirino, Cristalle Henares, Tessa Prieto, Miss World 2012 Wenxia Lu, Rajo Laurel and many more. Of course, FILA endorsers were also present such as Fabio, Georgina Wilson, Borgy Manotoc, and Tim Yap. The president and CEO of FILA Philippines Cris Albert and husband and company chairman Butch Albert were also there to grace the event.

Why does this interest me? Like I said I am looking for inspiration so when I heard Brazilian and Bossa is how FILA will open 2013, for me that warrants a second look. Most especially when I learned of two more interesting things: 1) The Escola de Samba de Manila was at the FILA Polo Cup 2013 to give this Brazilian Carnival a Mardi Gras festival vibe. 2) Astroboy, Manila’s premiere hoop artist and a Talentadong Pinoy Grand Champion displayed his talents during the event. By the way, Astroboy is largely self-taught, learning the art of the hula-hoop in Paris, and honing his talent as part of the New York-based troupe The Gyronauts. Indeed, Pinoy artists are world-class!

FILA CARNIVAL 2013_JOJITLORENZO0981JPEG
FILA Polo Cup 2013
So the next question in my mind: "Why Brazilian Carnival?" FILA is moving to a bigger direction this 2013 which includes new brands and new lines for its sport and lifestyle collection namely FILA Everest Shoes (for nature adventurers), FILA Outdoors, FILA Tiva (for surfers and divers) and FILA Freestyle (a combination of FILA vintage and outdoor shoes).

This is how I picture the new fit me by the end of the year: running a marathon while listening to samba on my iPod in a colorful outfit and shoes. Now that will just brighten my day! Covey said things are created twice. The first time is in your head. That's why I need an image in my head to make it happen and nothing makes me feel sexier than samba. 

For shoppers who are interested to a more colorful sports outfit this year, you can check FILA shops located at the following branches:  SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, SM Cebu, Ayala Malls Glorietta, Ayala Malls Trinoma,  Ayala Malls Pavilion, Ayala Malls Market! Market!,  Ayala Malls Cebu, Ayala Malls Marquee Pampanga, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Ermita, Robinsons Cebu, Robinsons Iloilo, Robinsons Bacolod, Robinsons Lipa, Robinsons Metroeast, Robinsons Dumaguete, Robinsons Tacloban, Robinsons General Santos, Robinsons Ilocos Norte, Limketkai Cagayan de Oro, Island City Mall Bohol, Festival Mall Alabang, Ever Commonwealth, Ever Cainta, D’Mall Boracay,  Gaisano Capital Tacloban, Gaisano Capital Ormoc, Gaisano Capital Kalibo,  NCC Mall Davao,  NCC Mall Tagum, LCC Legazpi

Nothing is free in this world. If you want to stay fit, you've got to work out, Noone will and can do the work for you. And right now, I need to get inspired and nothing inspires me more than shopping. But I'm not just any shopper, I like to know what I'm actually buying, so if you would want to know more about this new FILA lines, check out their local website.

Ready, get set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment